23 December, 2016

Happy Holidays & A Quick Posting of My Doings

I want to take this opportunity to wish you all the very best for this coming Holiday Season.  Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or another holiday of your faith, may it be full of fun memories with family and friends.  Be well and Peace be with you and yours, now and in the New Year!

Apartment living has gotten me down, of late. Been pining for my model railroading in a larger space than we have now.  While my layout in our old home was relatively small, it was palatial compared to the Bowman Center.  Here's a Flashback Friday of my Doswell Junction (never completed, but a fun build):




I've been feeling a little blah for weathering at present - I've done several freight cars over the past few months. I recently assembled another Intermountain kit of a PS-2 Covered Hopper, in NW scheme, based on a proto photo I found on www.RRPictureArchives.net.  I'm going to let it set for a bit, and see if my mojo comes back to play with it.




In any case, on a rare trip to our garage/storage dungeon (located elsewhere in our luxury slum), I came across my box of Craftsman Structure kits. I drooled over "the Red Box" I have (SRMW #360, H.W. Meyers & son), but definitely no place for it, even as a diorama. So, I decided to tinker with a Fos Scale Limited craftsman structure kit, to see if I can 'get outta dis Funk'. 




Let's see what happens...  It's been quite a while since I did one of these.


No comments: