03 July, 2014

Throwback Thursday #1

Since everyone comes up with a little nostalgia post every now & then, I figured I'd try to be consistent and do a weekly, or maybe bi-weekly "throwback Thursday" to show something from my modeling or railfanning past. Here's one from my first attempt at a 'real layout', and not just some EZ track on a piece of 4'x8' plywood & sawhorses.

This benchwork and track plan, built (I think) some time in winter of '06 or '07, was based on the Model Railroader Magazine/WGH Beginners video, narrated by actor & fellow train enthusiast Michael Gross and a "build a layout" series in the MRR mag.  I had to borrow or buy almost all my tools (you can see the box from the new table saw underneath), as I have never done anything like this.  All the trees, hills and some  of the buildings are from my Warhammer wargaming days.  Fun to see how far along I've come in building (or attempting to build) a layout.

No comments: