24 November, 2011

Turkey Day Progress

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends, family, & blog followers!  Hope you're enjoying this holiday weekend if you're in the states, or 'sympathy celebrating' if you're out of the country... my favorite holiday!

While still suffering from a Turkey-induced semi-conscious state, I went down to peek at my layout and was annoyed at the glaring flat pink expanse that will eventually become a pulwood yard for Westvaco (the Prototype/Inspiration is in No. Doswell, VA).  So, seeing the container full of sifted baseball mound dirt, I decided to mix up a batch of brown-earth colored paint and "just do it!" as they say, coating the ground and sifting some find dirt over it.  After letting it dry for about 15 minutes, I decided to spray with the 91% isopropyl alcohol and then drizzle on a good dose of diluted white (Elmers) glue all over it. Here's the results; the building & pulpwood pile (from Walthers) was placed in for the photo and quickly removed before the glue and dirt dried around them.

Click on photo to enlarge.


Click on photo to enlarge.
Click to Enlarge

I hope to get more done over the weekend, as I'll be on the road for work until the 17th, when I hope to have another work session with friends.

4 comments:

D. Tom Conboy said...

Looking good, Norm! Nice looking Fos Scale Yard Office!

Tom

The Train Fanatic said...

Thanks, Tom! I think it will be perfect as a stand-in at the Pulpwood Yard, as an office.

Dave Kruiswyk said...

That's one mighty fine pile o' pulpwood! Safe travels.
Dave K.

Joe said...

Although I have seen many photos of your updates, being able to read along with what's happening maximizes the impact of the updates. Keep it up!