08 February, 2010

Latest pixes of Layout...

Here's a quick update... While it's still a Pink, Plywood & Pacific (PP&P) Railroad, I thought I'd post some pixes of where I'm at with its progress. Click on the images to see a larger version.


Above, is the latest section to get done. I need to finish the backdrop and then that will be done as well.


Above, looking in to the layout 'room', with the "bridge" just sitting out, as I try installing fascia...
The first piece of fascia is screwed in place. I'm using small wood screws, with finishing washers. I think the appearance is more "classic". I will probably install each piece, then remove, prime, and paint, before reinstalling...


Started the mudding & taping process, one I don't know very well, to hide the seams. Hope I can sand and recoat for a smooth transition from one panel to another...

Below, is the "bridge" for continuous running, temporarily wedged in place... this will allow to run trains in a loop, for guests, as well as allow for connecting staging during an op-session.

For those not in the DC/NOVA area, we've had a lot of snow lately, so I've spent more time shoveling us out than working on the layout, or on my grad school stuff, so it may slow down a bit. But, the Train Fanatic will still be sneaking down here once in a while, to get a look at what the Model Railroad Fairies/Gremlins are doing, to get it done while I'm busy...

No comments: