13 June, 2009

Just things

It's been a while since I last posted to my blog, so I thought this would be a good time. The Wolf clan has been busy, with many events happening since the last post, not the least of which was grad school finals and the biggest of which is our son graduating High School today.



There's is an ongoing 'Emotional Roller Coaster' for his mother & I as our eldest is now part of the "Adult Conspiracy". And, we can't believe we're old enough to have a HS graduate for our child!
On the model railroad front, I've not done much - a few little things. I started the Fine Scale Miniatures kit, Bartholow's Coal, for Scott Mason; I've started one of Fos Scale Limited's Craftys, the Yard Office; I completed my Fos Scale Limited's Varick's Freight house; and, I've been itching to try my hand at weathering freight cars, a la Mike Rose and Scott Mason (see http://scottymason.com/dvd/4/ and http://scottymason.com/dvd/5/), so I pulled out a couple of freight cars to try things out. Not much done, unfortunately.
On the traveling front, I've done quite a few trips for work (Honolulu, Hawaii and Huntsville, AL) and one really fun one for model railroading. I went to the Seventh Annual New England Rail Prototype Meet (check out http://www.neprototypemeet.com/Welcome.html), up in Collinsville, CT (it's actually in Canton, CT but they don't like to talk about it much! ;o) ). It was pretty informative and interesting. Besides some great clinics by several "heavy hitters" in the hobby (Mike Rose, Scott Mason, Tony Koester, Mike Confalone, and Craig Bisgier, to name a few), and some awesome prototype modeling displays by dozens of talented modelers, there were several manufacturers (Stella Scale Models, Athearn, Atlas, Branchline Trains, and Rapido), several Local Hobby Shops set up tables. There's many pictures on the NERPM site and my Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=2024614&id=1267063737) and on the model railroad forum (http://www.kitforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2222). It's a must attend, so mark your calendars for next year - June 4th & 5th, 2010!
Upcoming things: I received a cutting plan for the remaining bench work from Bob Leonard, so now I need to go get some lumber and start cutting again. My goal is to get my bench work done before I head back to school in late August. Wish me luck! I'll try to post some piccies of my effort and be a better blogger, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Garity said...

Catching up on blogs that I've missed since having the baby so I'm finally catching up on all the graduation excitement!

Congrats!